Here are the answers to the Christmas Quiz. There were no winners.
1. In which year was the first "Live Aid" Christmas song, "Do they know it's Christmas," released? Was it a) 1982 b) 1984 c) 1986. Underline the correct answer. b) 1984
2. What do Norwegian scientist think might have caused Rudolf's red nose? a parasitic infection of his respiratory system
3. What is the total number of gifts in the song "The Twelve Days of Christmas? …364
4. When did Pope Julius I, proclaim December 25 as the official celebration date for the birthday of Christ? Was it a) AD 150 b) AD250 c) AD350. Underline the correct answer. C) AD350
5. Who wrote the poem, "The Night Before Christmas"? .. Clement Moore. It was published anonymously by one of his children in a New York Newspaper in 1823.
6. . In which city was the first commercial Christmas card was produced and sold? a) London
7. a) What is the best selling record of all time? "White Christmas" b) Who sang it? ..Bing Crosby
8. When was Queen Elisabeth II's Christmas speech televised for the first time? c) 1957.
9. Which British ruler passed a law making the celebration of Christmas illegal? ….Oliver Cromwell
10. Who gave the biggest Christmas present ever in 1886? It was the Statue of Liberty given by the French to the United States of America. (The French have one too, a smaller one, in Paris